Mostarda di Cremona
- 4 dried California figs, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 unripe pear, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup sun-dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dried apples, cut into 1/4-inch julienne
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup mustard seeds
ProcedurePlace figs, pear, apricots, cherries, and apples in mixing bowl and stir together. In saucepan, heat sugar and wine together until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in mustard and seeds. Pour over fruit and allow to steep 24 hours. Turn into clean containers and store in refrigerator.
Serve with cheese, salami slices, and bread or crackers.
Serves: 16 (3 tablespoons each);
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving)Calories 160 (6% from Fat); Total Fat 1g; Saturated Fat -0-g; Trans Fat -0-g; Cholesterol -0-mg; Sodium 130mg; Potassium 160mg; Carbohydrate 35g; Sugar 28g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Protein 2g;
Daily ValuesVitamin A 2 Vitamin C 2 Calcium 2 Iron 2