California Fig and Feta Israeli Couscous
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 cups Israeli couscous
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon diced shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 2/3 cups diced California Fresh Figs (about 5 figs)
- 1 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pour the water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the couscous, drop the heat until the water simmers, cover, and simmer until the water is absorbed and the couscous is done, about 10 minutes.
Transfer the couscous to a medium bowl and let cool for at least 10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Makes 6 servings.
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving)Calories 298 (% from Fat); Total Fat 3g; Saturated Fat 1g; Sodium 178mg; Carbohydrate 42g; Sugar 6g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Protein 7g;