Turkey Sliders with California Pepper Fig Salsa
California Pepper Fig Salsa
- 2½ cups diced fresh California figs
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper; stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (20 ounces) fresh lean ground turkey
- 1 cup finely minced dried California figs
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped herbs, i.e. fresh marjoram, thyme, rosemary, and sage; or to taste
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 12 small dinner rolls; cut in half, horizontally
ProcedureCombine Salsa ingredients in medium bowl and stir together. Cover and chill for several hours.
For Sliders, combine turkey, minced dried figs, green onions, herbs and sea salt in medium bowl and mix to combine well. Divide and shape into 12 small, flat burgers. Generously oil grill or barbecue and cook over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side, until done (165°F).
Arrange a few arugula leaves on bottom half of each roll; top with turkey burger and spoon on salsa. Replace tops and secure with toothpicks, if desired. Serve with additional salsa on the side.
Notes: Nutrition Facts are for 1 slider.
Yields: 12 Sliders
Serves: 6 (2 Sliders for Main Dish); 12 (1 Slider for Appetizer)
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving)Calories 240 (23% from Fat); Total Fat 6g; Saturated Fat 1.5g; Trans Fat -0-g; Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 340mg; Potassium 390mg; Carbohydrate 35g; Sugar 17g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Protein 12g;
Daily ValuesVitamin A 10% Vitamin C 30% Calcium 8% Iron 15%
More Delicious Recipes